
Last night we went to the Virginia Symphony with Emil M. and Kirstin to listen to The Planets by Holst. They also played The Hebrides by Mendelssohn. It was amazing! If you have never been to a live performance take my word for it- there is nothing like it. I think it is something everyone should do at least once a year. A play, a Symphony even a high school production just something live. There is a real difference.
Emil got tickets for his birthday and we went out to a Tai restaurant with the kids before hand. (It was so cold! Like 29 degrees!!!! Burr!) We had to walk a little because parking was crazy. Once we were inside it was fine though. I asked Emil what string instrument he would play if he could play any and he said the Bass Fiddle. I said Cello. It is just such a beautiful looking and sounding instrument.
So that's going to be one of my goals in life. Learn to play the Cello. Plus it sounds so refined. Just for the record. Emil said he wanted to play the Bass Fiddle, which to me just looks like a cello on steroids, so he could beat up my Cello with it. How typical. I had to put up with the abuse because the tickets were his birthday present but you know.... ;)
So this is the big turkey week. We are going to Emil's parents and that should be fun. The boys have a turkey bowl thanksgiving morning. I'm sure they'll be sore from that. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
I am so happy that you all have a wonderful time together! I am going to have to ask Kirstin all about it.
Post a Comment