Well maybe just the day of the dog!
Poor Cinni!!! I promise, no animals were injured in this photo shoot.
Cinni says "PETA help me!"
I did have a videp clip but couldn't get it to upload. I think it was too big. Blaze had lots of fun pawing Cinni and walking over top of him. She also liked herding Cinni.
So we made it through last week with all the award ceremonies. Noah and Kirstin both made A/B honor roll and Kirstin got the Assistant Principal's Award for just being all around awesome! Actually Emil went to that ceremony while I was at Noah's so I'm not exactly sure why she got the award. Probably over all excellence or something of that nature. When I asked her why she said it was because she opened the door for him every day when his leg was broken.
Noah had a great time posing for pictures. This is pretty much how he looks in every picture he knows I'm taking.
Every single time he went up there for a award he stuck out his tongue. Right now his life's greatest aspiration is to become the class clown. Emil and I have decided to just ride this one out.
I was soon on to his game and got the shot before the tongue came out but kept one to document his silliness when he is older.
Kai's gravestone was placed last Thursday. We were pleased with the way it turned out and it's nice to have a place to put flowers.
I don't know what to say when people ask me how I am doing. All things considered, I'm good,
but I'll never be the same person I was before which may not be a bad thing. I think losing Kai has given me a understanding I didn't have before. I was reading over the April conference talks the other day and read one called Faith in Adversity by Elder Raphel Pino. (http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1032-14,00.html ) if you want to read the entire article
There were many insights in it but the one that really resonated with me was this one. "At times we mourn, but we do not mourn as those without hope."
I have found some of the most comforting insights into this experience while studying about Adversity. I never would have guessed that learning more about adversity would give me comfort but it has. I am so very grateful to have the teachings and words of the prophets and apostles. What a great wealth of experience, compassion and insight they offer. How very fortunate we are to have the gospel. In the end it has made all the difference.
3 comments:
Kathryn,
It has been several days since I visited your blog. I have enjoyed catching up on your activities. The paper airplane on the gravestone is awesome and Noah has a great smile (tongue included). The rose of Sharon, Kai's corner and the Japanese Maple will all be sweet memorials of your family experience for years to come. They will remind you of how much you are loved by so many friends. All the best. m dudley
p.s. I am still working on my notes for you.
I'm surprised I didn't comment. I visited your blog awhile back and thought I'd left one.
I too love the paper airplane.
I know you must be so proud of how well your kids did in school. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.
BTW..Hope you had a nice birthday. I meant to give you a call, but I'm sure you understand how hectic life can get. This week has been busy!
I love the headstone and the little paper airplane on it. I'm glad you are doing well and are able to stay so positive. I need some of that to rub off on me!
Post a Comment