Monday, January 18, 2010

Finding my Inner Crafty Girl


So after taking a big ole break from sewing I decided get back in the saddle and make a cute yoga bag and mat. Ever the one to be thrifty I took some fabric my brother, James, brought me from India ( I think it was India). It was perfect. I had been holding on to it forever because I couldn't find the right project to use it on. Here it is!

This is actually a secondary mat to fit underneath the sticky mat that I couldn't make myself because it's an off year for my rubber plant trees. ;). Just Joking!!! Anyway, so it's a mat but then you roll it up and it has ties and a strap and it doubles as a bag.

I did a second bag too since I was on a roll. I just love the blue print fabric. I'm not crazy about the ribbon strap. I may change it.

The kids have off the next two days for teacher workdays on top of MLK today so they are delighted. Noah and his friend, Russell, went hiking with Emil and Blaze today and then went to the Manteo Aquarium with Russell's family. Emil Michael is sick with a cold and has spent most the day gaming and writing and Kirstin went with me to yoga class and then filed some of her many pictures. Emil's out running errands in VA. My project for tomorrow is to do some PTA stuff and then organize my scrapbook/sewing room and finish some projects. Quite ambitious! I will report later.....

Oh I did a conference calendar with quotes for the year. Today's quote is,

"I have learned that the three most loving words are "I love you", and the four most caring words for those we love are "We can't afford it."
Elder Robert D. Hales

1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

Oooo I like how those turned out! good for you for doing yoga.

Thanks for the invite again. I've been able to see your posts on our email, but haven't been able to comment. It's good to be back.