Monday, August 16, 2010

The Big Guns


On Thursday Noah and I went on a Family Day Cruise aboard the USS Stout. One of the members of our Branch is in the Navy and was the sponsor for our cub scout pack. Several parents were unable to come and so I brought Noah, Will and Tanner Overby and Nolan Clark.
Will Overby, Jay Bair, Noah, Nolan Clark, Tanner Overby

Our day started early. We had to be there by 6am and we live an hour away so we got up at 4:20am. The boys all spent the night at our house.
Of course the highlight of the day was the guns they had on the ship. It was a destroyer. Each of the boys got to sight and try to cock this gun but had to hang on it to cock it. The serviceman was pretty entertained by their antics.
It was a long day. We didn't get home until 7:30 that night and I was throughly exhausted.

I'm glad I was able to go with Noah. He's such a fun, inquisitive child and he's growing up fast so I need all the time with him I can wrangle.

I'm so very grateful for our service members in the military. They often do a thankless job that takes them away from their families and the country that they love but they do it willingly and with dignity and courage. What a blessing to have people like them that serve to protect our freedoms.

No comments: