After much work.....
and pining, ripping out, sewing and re-sewing....
more pinning.
Yay Kirstin! She looks so darling in it and we got it done 2 weeks before the Valentine's Dance!
Emil Michael had his Board of Review for his Eagle Scout Project last Wednesday.
He project was accepted and he is an Eagle Scout now. There will be a Court of Honor which is a ceremony to recognize and give him the award him but all the paper work and requirements on my, I mean his, part are done. (Can I just tell you- I feel like I've completed a marathon. As far as accomplishments in life go.)
This is my new friend Maxine. She is very large. 5.2 cubic something or other.
She's an LG and she definitely uses more water than my last friend who use to live in this location. How much more I don't know yet and I'm afraid to ask. But she's pretty and shiny and entertains people at random when she works. I found Noah watching her wash the other day. Noah... a almost 11 year old boy watching clothes being washed. She's bewitching that way.
This week I've discovered 2 new craft sites that are awesome. I added buttons at the top of my blog. It's made me want to craft. This time of year is so blah! weather wise here. Everything is brown, gray or black and I just need to make something cute. Here's what I did today. I repurposed a denim bag my sister had made and given me. From this
to this.
I know, nothing life changing but Noah has been home sick for the last 2 days and I have been limited on what I can delve into time wise.
The cookbook is still coming along. So far it's 72 pages so you can see why it's taking me so long. I'm about 80% complete.
No braces for Noah last time. It was just a check to get molds done. His official date is Feb 11th.
I must go.... Maxine calls.
4 comments:
No way!! I've never attempted anything even close to making a dress. Out of SATIN, no less. It looks fabulous!!
I'm glad that you're crafting. Oddly enough, this is the time of year when I don't do much of that because I'm still so burnt out from the holidays. But....I just bought a bunch of fabric for baby gifts. The cycle begins again.
Congrats to Emil Michael! And to you, because I'm sure it was as much work for you as it was for him getting that Eagle!
Way to go Kirsten!! It's awesome and it looks great on you! Congrats to Emil Michael, too! Just in the nick of time. And good luck to Noah with the braces!
Kirstin is such a talented young woman...not to say her mom is not! Congrats to Emil Michael, I know he worked very hard (so did mom!) I really like your new washer! I will never forget when Emil you and I worked on my washer in your garage for hours! Life is crazy but it is great when you can share it with awesome neighbors!
Congrats to Kirstin and Emil M! Sewing clothing is fun, but she sure picked a tricky one to start with.
Too bad the new machine is using so much more water. We're in desperate need of a new fridge and I wouldn't be too pleased if our new one used more electricity than the old one. But it's probably not a possibility since the old one's 20+ years old...
Post a Comment