Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Natural Bridge and other areas of Interest

This was on the trail of the Natural Bridge. Someone had carved it out in the stone. How cool is that?

A couple of weekends ago the family went camping. We brought along a friend of Noah's, Floyd so if you're wondering who the extra 10 year old boy is, we didn't adopt, it's Floyd.

We went up to Natural Bridge. We haven't been there since Noah was a baby, like less than a year old. ( I'd show you the picture but it was in the actual film days and I'm too lazy to scan it in.)

It's one of the seven wonders of the world. I loved this old tree.

There was a lengthy hike going under the bridge then up to some falls and past a recreation of an indian village. When we finally got to the end it was time for a photo op or two.

It's pretty amazing and they have a lot of attractions packed into about 3 mile area.

There was the Natural Bridge, The wax museum.

Elvis has left the building but he's hanging out in the wax museum basement looking kinda creepy.

The butterfly museum which was totally cool. Just a long room with butterflies flying all around and landing on you.

and the toy museum. (Noah's favorite but I thought it was totally lame.)

The caverns. The deepest on the East Coast. Sorry no pics. It was dark and I just had my phone.
We camped at Crabtree Meadows by Crabtree Falls. We had to do some serious 4x4 to get to the site but it was well worth it.

The road less taken.....

I've got some exciting news, (no I'm not pregnant) I'll let you know next post what it is. ;)

3 comments:

Connie said...

Your teaser at the end here is just cruel!!

It was great to see you last week! Tell Emil sorry I missed him and good luck with the classes!!!

Bunch of Bradys said...

Emil sure looks comfortable on that rock with is wife and then daughter :)

What a teaser!

The Yoder's Five said...

Well your next post had better be coming soon!!! SPILL the beans!!

That Tolkien quote is totally awesome. And I didn't know that there was a natural bridge near you! I didn't think there were rocks in North Carolina at all, haha.