Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween


The weekend before Halloween we went to the temple. Our stake had grounds duty. That's when we go and clean up the grounds around the temple. It was cold and raining/snowing so we got to put up the Christmas trees in the Visitor's Center. What is it with our family and it snowing at the temple whenever we go in the winter? For Pete's sake it was only the end of October!!!!! It didn't stick but it was pretty to see.
So Halloween was fun!

Noah decided to be a spy. (I tried to get him to smile but he said spys don't smile. Well I guess he's right.)He went out with some good friends from the neighborhood. Emil walked them around while I got to stay here and enjoy Kirstin's first party with friends.
She had around 10 kids here some guys and some girls. It was a good group of kids and I was more than happy to have them here where I can keep an eye on things and know everyone is safe.

Saddly I was so busy with the party I didnt get any pics of the kids. (I'm the worst blogger ever!)
We got dry ice for Kirstin's party which Noah and I thought was the coolest!

I had to convince the teenagers it was OK to drink the punch after I put the dry ice in because they thought it might be toxic. Really?

I had 4 orders for Halloween. Making about 100 cake pops. 84 of them were for the orders and the others were for our party.
That kept me busy in the morning.

How adorable were these Oreo Bats? I made a few of them for my orders and stuck them in. The wings were card stock and no I didn't cut them out by hand. I have a silhouette cutter that did that so efficiently for me, thank Heavens!
It was fun and so rewarding when everyone picked up and was so excited. I love it.

This week I've worked on some recipes for Christmas cakes. This is a White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Cake. I took it to a friend who had surgery so I didn't get to taste it. I thought it might be bad form to deliver it with a slice missing. But I did get to lick the spoon of the mousse in the middle and it was heaven!

Today I'm working on a White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry swirls. We're going over to Sumi's for dinner on Sunday and I'm bringing dessert. This works out great for all my photo shoots since I have to actually make the item before I can take a picture of it and then if no one has ordered it I have to eat it. Oh darn!
I set up a website. Check it out and let me know what you think!

www.decadencebykathryn.weebly.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your website and brochure...you are going to be the next "cake boss!"

Anna & Justin said...

Kathryn ! I just looked at your site and everything looks amazing :) I am so hungry and I want to try everything on there !! Maybe when I come home we could bake something together and then eat it together( that would be great :) I think you will be very successful !! Love you !

Anna

Bunch of Bradys said...

Amazing! My mouth is watering but, alas, you live too far away.

The Yoder's Five said...

#1: I love the wreath on your door.
#2: Cake pops are SO MUCH WORK! Do you make the cake and frosting from scratch? They turned out so cute.
#3: That peppermint mousse cake looks absolutely fabulous. Recipe???
#4: Ditto for the raspberry cheesecake. :)

So glad you've already sold some of your goodies!

The Yoder's Five said...

PS. I love the quote on the header of your website! HA!!

Kathryn M. said...

Thanks for all the encouragement! I'd love to bake with you Anna. Let me know when you guys are coming in!
Melissa- The cake pops are a lot of work which is why I charge so much for them. I use a box cake and a can of frosting. Cost wise they are not bad, except for the coating but the time is the main factor in prices. If people order 24 or more they're a $1 per Pop. Less than 24 and it's $1.25 or $1.35 for a custom one.

Amy said...

That white chocolate peppermint cake looks so good! Your presentation will really sell things for you. and I'm sure the taste is just as good as they look!

I saw Emil M at my mom's house last night, and I've never seen him look so happy! He's a great guy