Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time Flies



I can't believe it's almost Easter! Where did March go?

We have been super busy! Emil Michael celebrated his first birthday away from home :(
Although I know Sheila and family spoiled him as well as getting some pretty significant packages from us and Emil's parents it's just not the same when they're not here.

Noah got his braces off and is showing his teeth when smiling again.
His teeth look great!
His birthday was this month as well and we had a sweet family dinner on his actual birthday and then another birthday dinner with the Moster side of the family on Sunday. I think he got everything his 12 year old heart desired.

Some where in the middle of all of that Kirstin and I went to see Wicked.
(this is our dramatic pose from that night)

For those who aren't familiar, it's a musical about the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz. (That's a very abbreviated version of the story) Emil's mom treated us along with Maria and Theresa. It was AMAZING! If you ever get the chance to see it- GO! It's made me want to go out and read the books it's based off of. That was a lot of fun.

Otherwise I've been kinda hooked on cookies lately. Experimenting on some different styles.

This one I just love.

It's called Brush Embroidery.
I need to work on the shape of my flowers but not bad for a first try.
I love the cherry blossom tree. So cute!
( Sorry about the bad lighting)

These little guys are adorable. They're cupcake toppers made from tiny cookies.
Sweet in more ways than one!
Many other ideas for spring.
It's been fun and busy! Happy Spring!

3 comments:

Bunch of Bradys said...

Those cookies look way to professional. Can you really eat them? Wicked the Musical is Awesome but I've heard not to bother with the book--it's Awful!
Love to see the family pics and the food pics!

Amy said...

The cookies look fab! I wish I was there to help you eat them.

I'll second the awfulness of the book Wicked. I made it only a few pages into it before the raunchy sex caused me to stop... Just a heads up

The Yoder's Five said...

Those cookies look incredible!! I can't believe Easter is a week away. I never even decorated for it and we're leaving town in two days.

Yay for Noah getting his braces off! What a great feeling! Happy birthday to the boys! :)