Sunday, September 23, 2012

Scotland


I got back from Scotland this past Tuesday, the 18th. 
I was gone for 8 days with my Mom and my sisters to visit the homeland! It was an amazing trip!
 I got to drive on the left side of the road for the first time!
 They were so polite about the speed limit there!
There were some other signs that I loved.
Some that had us totally mystified.
This way for the duel??? It was pointing to this bridge. How beautiful!

I've decided that there are some hard and fast rules in Scotland.
Our Hotel in Fort Williams
1. All buildings are made from stone... 

Castle Eilean Donan
Me at Eilean Donan!
2. Sheep outnumber people 2 to 1
See those little white dots in the distance? Sheep!
Guess what those white things are at the bottom? Sheep!
Here's looking at you! Sheep!
3. There are no SUV's in Scotland for a very good reason
The roads are tight!
Haybales by the Loch
This is a 2 lane road!!!! What insanity is this?
Scotland was so picturesque.

Glen Coe
It was breathtaking at times.
Mom & Sheila

Sumi





My favorite parts?

The people,













The Countryside,
The Sheep.....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Beautiful! I wish we could have joined you.