So I've hit a new low in my blogging record. 2 months since my last post!!! Really?
What have we been up to?
Kirstin finished her Marching Band Season and has been kicking butt on her AP classes. In her last progress report she had 90's in both classes. We're so proud of her because she's been working so hard at them. She decided to sing in the Stake Choir this Christmas so last night and tonight she had performances. I went to the one last night and they did a great job.
Noah has been working on his Scouts, albeit unwillingly, but working on it nonetheless. Emil decided to give him some manly work so every day after school he goes out back and splits 4 pieces of wood. He's been pretty tireless about it and the pile is quickly diminishing. I think the ax is bigger than he is. I'm sure it weighs more than he does!
I've been working on my website Christmas items. I've learned that having a website is time consuming. You've got to bake the goods. Then photograph them. Then price them. Then edit and list. It took me about 2 weeks to get it all done. Whew!
Here's a link to the site if you want to see everything.
But here are just a few things I've been working on.
![]() |
| Braided Lemon Bread |
![]() |
| Egg Nog Cupcakes with Santa Toppers |
![]() |
| Raspberry Linzer Cookies, My favorite! |
![]() |
| Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies |
![]() |
| Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread |
![]() |
| Cookie Boxes |
Emil's work asked me to make 7 cakes for their Annual Christmas Party this year so these are what they ordered.
![]() |
| Red Velvet Cheesecake, Key Lime Cheesecake, White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse, Caramel Pumpkin, Ultimate Chocolate Mousse, 6 layer Toffee Caramel Torte |
![]() |
| Here's a new Santa I did for a party for Diane Huggins. I love him! |
Here are a couple of cookies I'd like to make. How cute are they? Not sure I'm that good at free handing it yet though.
So that's why I've been absent. Baking has consumed me.
In other news.....
Emil had surgery on his left Achilles tendon this Friday. He had some scar tissue that was causing him a lot of pain so they went in and cleaned it out. Everything went well but he's going to be working from home for the next 2 weeks. Actually next week he's suppose to be off but he was already bored by today. He's got the pain under control as long as he keeps it elevated and he stays on his meds. Which means he has to lie on his back on the couch with 3 pillows under his foot and use crutches for the next 6 weeks. I would show you a picture but he's forbid me from taking any. I'll wait until he's sleeping.
Emil M. is doing well at school. He'll be home in 9 days for Christmas Break!!!! Yea!
We can't wait to see him. He's changed apts. and things are going much better. His last apt. he had some really messy roommates but he's in a better place now so we're glad for him.
Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the holidays!











2 comments:
Yum! Your food always looks so good! Have a happy Christmas
My mouth is watering at those CAKES!!! Wow!! And I know how much work it is maintaining a website! I just can't picture having to drop everything to bake when you get an order! You are so talented, I hope you make loads of $$$. :)
Post a Comment