Monday, April 1, 2013

Cool Man

Can it be? My Noah's 13! His birthday was on March 22nd but I've been slow getting it all together here! Sorry Noah!
Kirstin, Noah & Emil
March 2002
Cool Man was Noah's self given nickname. 
We usually call him Noah S'moah or my personal nickname Mr. No.
Summer 2006
I love those sweet cheeks!
Noah & Kai
June 2006
This is probably my favorite pic of him. Emil took it when I was visiting my family in Ut. Kai was sad because Emil had caught them getting all muddy and they had to wash off in the cold water outside before he would let them go inside to take a proper shower. I'm pretty sure I know who the mastermind of the whole adventure was....
Dog on head 2011
May 2009
He loves his Blaze dog! She is his constant companion. But she keeps him under control. 
(In a manner of speaking.)

I love his silly antics and how clever he is. He loves to snuggle up to me still and I love that! He's mischievous and mercurial and we love his bright smile and all he adds to our family.
Anyway you slice it he's a teenager now and I'm not quite sure how that happened.
We love you Noah!
March 2012
To celebrate we had a family dinner at Emil's parents. Here he is playing with his cousin, Cara. She absolutely adores him and he's her undisputed favorite. I love how patient he is with her. 
  We went to the Norfolk Zoo in Va for his birthday. It was a bit chilly but nice!
 They had this amazing Elephant statue made out of butterfly shapes. It was cool!

Noah the Brave!
The sign says "Caution Tapiers can spray backwards 7-10 feet. Please stay alert! Urine Danger" 



Even I couldn't help but be amused by the Tapiers and their "special" talents.
This was the Meerkat habitat. It helped to get a good idea of their point of view.
This past weekend he went rappelling with Kirstin and Emil at Raven's Roost. It's an 80 foot rock face so he was pretty proud of taking that challenge.   
Noah and Emil March 2013
 What a blessing our children are. We love and miss our Kai. This month will be 4 years. I'm so grateful for spring and the promise of new life but most of all for the beautiful plan my Heavenly Father has for our family to be together again someday. 
I found some quotes I really like this morning. Thought I'd share one,

"Faith in God, means faith in his timing." - Neal A. Maxwell

"Faith makes things possible... not easy."

Kiss your dear ones and make the most of every day!



1 comment:

The Yoder's Five said...

13?!?! How on earth did that happen?! He looks like quite a firecracker. Good luck with the teenage years! :) Happy birthday Noah!