So the kids have been out of school all week and only had a half day last friday. Why? you ask.
It snowed. All 3 inches of it.
![]() |
| Our goofy family photo after Christmas |
To be fair, Monday was a holiday and Tuesday a teacher workday. It snowed Tuesday night and only got up to like 20 degrees on Wednesday so nothing was able to melt. Yesterday the secondary roads were still icy, Emil left for work and ended up right back at home 45 minutes later. He said he got out of our neighborhood and spent the rest of the time helping a person who had gotten stuck in a ditch and that's when he decided not to risk driving in. Thankfully, he can telecommute.
But today? Today I think they're being a bit overcautious. There was still some ice on the roads last night but it was in patches and not too bad. Our make up date for today is for the day after graduation in June I think. They're calling for more snow Saturday and next Tuesday. We're sissy's here in the south when it comes to the white stuff.
But I love it. I wouldn't love it every day- but I love it when it happens here because everything shuts down. Kids are out of school and Dads are home from work. The house is warm and cozy and I have a legit excuse to bake cinnamon rolls, scones and cookies and cheesecake all in one day.
Well, maybe not the cheesecake.
![]() |
| Pass the Salted Caramel Cheesecake |
That was for the cafe. The cafe will be opening sometime in February. Isn't it an adorable logo? There is a Facebook page so go check it out and like it. Even if you live in UT and will probably not get to try it ever unless you come to visit me.
I've created a Signature Dessert. (Aka. the cheesecake) I've been playing a lot with what my menu will be and trying to figure out what I will make and when. Then I've got to test the recipes to know how many each makes for the size servings I'll be using. It's all very complicated. And fattening.
Come over and be my tester so I don't have to keep trying everything working out to undo all the damage I've done.
On a good note, we have been trying to eat healthier (when not taste testing that is) and we've been exercising too.
This was the sunset on the way to the Y the other night. I had Noah take the picture above and I took the one below when we got to the Y.
I've even gotten Emil and Kirstin in to yoga and they are both enjoying it! Noah won't come join us. I guess I can see yoga not being cool for a 13 yr old boy. He still has to come to the Y and do some physical activity when we're in class. So far he's walked on the treadmill while watching TV and found another friend from church who had an iPad that he could "help" show him a new game. He assures me he wasn't doing that the entire time just the last 5 minutes of our class. Hmmmm.
We had Emil's follow-up with the Cardiologist last week and decided to get his PFO closed. It's just a short procedure and is set for next Friday at 9am. He will stay overnight and come home on Saturday. We both feel really good about this choice and hope that once that is done we can close that chapter. At least we will have done all we can to prevent further strokes and that's really all we can do.
I haven't taken the time to really say thank you for all the concerned thoughts, prayers and fasting that has been done on our behalf through our recent trials. We do appreciate and feel your love and concern. We heard from many of you and I know there are more still who had us in their prayers and thoughts and we have really felt that. It has buoyed our spirits and given us strength to carry on. We know our family has been richly blessed.
I know the Lord doesn't give us trials unnecessarily. The adversity we have is to help us draw nearer to him and rely on him more fully. As we have gone through our trials we have seen the Lord's tender mercies in the actions of our friends and family and in the many large and small miracles we have witnessed. We have become closer to those who have served us and to Him because we couldn't do this alone so thank you. We love you and treasure your influence in our lives.
![]() |
| We are sitting on my table here. Yes- the one I made- and I just want to note here that it held us all without breaking! |








1 comment:
Glad you got to spend some down time with the family! And the cheesecakes looks fabulous! I would be your tester in a second. Yum!
Post a Comment