It has been so long since I last posted. What can I say? Life has been very full! I did get my benches and chairs done! I'm pretty pleased with the overall look. Love it!
I had a couple of weeks to organize things within my calling before I began working at the Cafe. Here are a few pics of what it looks like.
I made this sign for them from wood Tina had. It turned out so cute!
The first couple of weeks it was really busy but it's leveled off now and has quieted down some. There were lots of changes from the original idea of what my role in the cafe would be but I think we've settled on me baking cakes and cheesecakes and the cook will do the other stuff. I think it'll be a good balance.
So we sold our old Subaru and got a new/used one. That was fun and with this stinking Sprinter (Spring/Winter) we're having I'm really enjoying the seat warmers!
We ended up selling the kitchen table and I used the chairs in the dining room so we got a smaller table. It has a lazy susan in the middle of the table. That fact alone sold Emil on the table. I put the entire table together by myself along with the 6 chairs. It was an all day task. Blaze wasn't much help but she was my constant companion.
However I liked the fact that each side has a leaf that flips up and converts into a larger round table that can seat 6! It's great for our family of 4 right now and we'll still have room for Emil M. when he comes home and then when Kirstin leaves for school we can be small and cozy again.
It's taller than the typical table and I didn't know if I'd like that. (I probably wouldn't if my kids were smaller) but as our family stands now I'm loving it all around!
Kirstin made the soccer team. She is the only senior on the team. They have great coaches and I love that the girls are very supportive of one another.
That wasn't the case with the softball team. So it's very nice for her to be around girls and there not have a load of drama!
They've done pretty well this year. And even though they have a young team, meaning most of the girls are freshman or sophomores, they have held their own. Now if we just had more sunny warm game days that would be sooooo nice!
For Noah's birthday he and Zack Johnson attended a Lego Convention in Raleigh, NC.
Emil and Zach's dad, Jared, took the boys, spent the night, and probably had as much fun as the boys checking all the cool models out.
I can't believe He's 14!!!!
Here at home we celebrated with dinner at Granmom & Grandpop Moster's.
Noah was even graced with Miss Cara calling him on his birthday, first thing in the morning, singing him Happy Birthday! It was adorable!
Emil Michael had his 21st birthday and was blessed to have my sister, Sheila and her husband Mike bring him goodies at his apt. in Provo. These kids are growing up too fast!
Emil has been working and surfing a little. This week he's in MD for business. It's not often he travels but this year he's gone up north twice already so maybe it's going to be one of those years.
Now if it would just warm up I could actually begin to feel like it's actually spring!















1 comment:
I am excited for your little cafe job! Hope it's fun!
Love the way your table and benches turned out. Can't go wrong with that beachy look!
I second the awesomeness of seat warmers. Here we are, practically in April and we're supposed to get snow for the next two days. Hurray..
Post a Comment