Last Wednesday Emil and I got a chance to go to the temple. It was nice to get away and share a quiet day together as well as lots of time to talk uninterrupted. We had pretty good traffic and although we were totally prepared with everything we thought we would need we forgot that the temple closes every year for 2 weeks in January for deep cleaning. Guess what they were doing when we arrived! We explained to the temple workers our mistake and they graciously invited us to help clean the temple. We did and had a wonderful time. In the end we figured that serving the Lord was serving the Lord. Regardless of if it was cleaning or doing temple ordinances. Emil's Dad was sweet enough to come and stay with the kids during our trip. We are so blessed to have family near as well as the temple.

This has been an exciting weekend/week. On Saturday our hot water heater died. Emil thought it could be fixed but it couldn't so he bought a new one and put it in with our good friend Billy Long late Saturday night. (Thanks Billy!) After living without hot water for just one day, probably one of our coldest days of the year, I am sooooo thankful for that modern convenience.
The kids were out of school on Monday for Martin Luther King Day and then they also had off on Tuesday for a Teacher Workday. We were suppose to get some snow yesterday but it turned out to be a non event for most of the area. We did get some flurries but nothing that stuck. Apparently someone got something to speak of because today they canceled school for road conditions.
The natives are getting restless and so they came up with the always fun game of Stair sliding.
I remember doing this as a kid at our home on Hunnicutt Street in EC.
We had wooden steps and a door at the bottom so it was a little more hazardous but whatever floats your boat.
I would mention that if you are over the age of 12 I would not try this at home as Kirstin aptly illustrates.
It can be rather dangerous if you're body isn't as limber as a green twig.
(No children were injured in the taking of these photos.... I can't vouch for what happened the rest of the day however.)
2 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I must say I did some stair sliding just under a year ago......the only difference was it was at 2am, in the dark, and not planned :-)
Glad you had a nice trip to the temple.
Paul and I have gone to the temple about three times when it was closed! I guess it happens to everyone. ;)
And wow the kids look like they had a blast! Poor Kirstin though. Hehe. I'm surprised her face isn't smashed now.
Post a Comment