Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Elusive Easter Bunny

So this weekend Kai was really excited for the Easter Bunny to come. He was talking about catching him and taking a picture of him all week so when I was putting him to bed last night he had formed a plan of attack. 
For every excuse I would give he had a answer. I said that we couldn't catch him because we didn't know when he would come. Kai's reply was "The Easter Bunny comes in the middle of the night. You just have to stay up until the middle of the night." Then I said "Well I don't want to scare him, He might not leave our baskets if he sees me waiting with the camera" Kai stood behind the front door and said "You just stand right here and when he comes in the door you take the picture." He was so serious and excited about it I had to do something.
Emil was performing in our Stake Easter Concert last night and so when he got home at around 10:45 I enlisted his help. We took one of the stuffed bunnies I had used for decoration in years past and practiced trying to get nondescript pictures of it in the dark. 
It was a lot harder than it sounds. Finally the method we found most successful was to sit in the dark and I would snap a picture of the hall and Emil would throw the bunny in at the last minute while the picture was flashing. We got a lot of levitating bunny pictures and some of the bunny crashing into the wall (we were laughing so hard we were crying. I think that a lot of it was due to the fact that we were so tired.)  Finally we got two out of about 20 that we thought were good enough. The first is the Easter Bunny hopping. Remember the idea was to be nondescript in a Sasquatch way....

The next picture was of him peeking from around the corner. 

Kai totally bought it but that stinker Noah was like "That's not the Easter Bunny! I've seen that stuffed animal last Easter".... and on and on. Thankfully I had Kirstin and Emil M. on my side and we were able to turn the tide. 
This next week is our Easter Break. I'm really looking forward to it. 

No comments: