This week was Spring Break and we had a very busy time of it. Emil and Emil M. went hiking on the AT for 3 days and 30 miles with a group of about 10. They left mid-day Wednesday and got back late Saturday night. They had lots of fun and took a load of pictures but I haven't uploaded any on my computer so you'll have to wait on another blog for those.
I have been happily working in my flower beds and it's beginning to pay off. The Azaleas are blooming and pollen is in the air but it is so beautiful and green right now! I love this time of year when everything comes alive again.
This is the side garden. I love the phlox that is a flowering ground cover. I've had a hard time getting it started but once it's rooted it's pretty solid.
The front two flower beds that we put in last fall are doing well and I transplanted two fruit trees I bought last year in them. The only problem is, I can't remember what kind of fruit trees I bought ( I bought several by mail and only two survived). I'm pretty sure you have to have two of the same kind to cross pollinate and the two I planted aren't the same kind so now I have to figure out what I have so I can buy mates. I guess I won't get any fruit this year. I think they're too small anyway.
We had the cousins (Michael and Autumn) come over on Thursday and spend the night. It was a fun time. Michael, Noah and Kai had a ball running around outside and biking to the clubhouse.
Kirstin and Autumn biked to the little thrift shop just up the road and found some good buys. I also taught Autumn to make Lumpia. She was going to make it for her family on Sunday.
Saturday we took a trip to the beach. It was very chilly to start out but warmed up later. Kai had a blast. But my camera kept telling me the batteries were out so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked. We hiked up Jockeys Ridge and had a fun time running, rolling or walking down. We were a very sandy bunch coming home but it was nice to be out in the sun and smell the salt air.
1 comment:
cant wait to be on that same beach :) your flowers look great
Post a Comment