She's pretty stinking cute and I don't even like dogs.
Blaze has been a blessing to all of us. Noah, Kirstin and Emil's response was predictable but it surprises me how much Emil Michael and I like having her around. She keeps trying to make friends with the kitties but since they're 11 years old they do not want to put up with this rowdy puppy. She is nice company during the day when it gets quiet and I can tend to get melancholy. I've been staying busy though. 

Monday I finished up my HSA (like PTA) responsibilities with our final fund raiser. We had sold frozen pizzas and cookie dough. We got the shipment in on Monday and they had to go home the same day. We made about $1100 and only 25 students participated so that was a really good return. I think next year if we have more publicity it will be even more profitable.
Tuesday I stayed home and steam cleaned the living room. (I'm really for wood floors now.) Sometimes it feels like I could clean a different room every day and never get done. I like cleaning for the most part though. I have an immediate sense of accomplishment and I find that rewarding.
Wednesday I went dress shopping with a friend for a dress for a wedding. I found a really cute dress for myself at Dress Barn and paid more than I normally would but love it. Thursday Blaze had to go to the Vet for her shots. She did great and the vet said that she would be around 65 lbs fully grown but that I couldn't hold him to that weight. He also said that we picked a really good puppy to be sleeping through the night without any accidents in her crate. (Yeah Us!) Then I went strawberry picking with Tina and Shelly.
Friday I tended 2 of our good friends grandchildren while they took their youngest daughter to the temple. Rose was our best ever babysitter from age 12-18. Our whole family loves her and we're so excited she's going to Winnipeg, Canada in July. She will be an awesome missionary. That was a long day but fun.
Saturday we worked at home in the garden, yard and on the car. (If your wondering, it was Emil working on the car.) Noah and I took Blaze for a walk down to the clubhouse and she had a grand time digging in the sand.
She really likes to dig. I'm a little distressed about that and worried about all my plants. She loves to push the limit but listens pretty well when I tell her to stop. Noah however doesn't have such luck. She was running amuck in my veggie garden so we had to put up a little fence. It's only to my knees but it's enough to teach her to stay out. It's good to keep the bunnies and cats out too so it's multipurpose.
While we were at the park Noah decided to show Blaze how to go down the slide. She didn't seem to mind but did get a bit turned around. This was going down.
She was so tuckered out when we got home I think she slept the rest of the day. It was a good little walk for such a young pup.
My new goal for the week is to stay at home more. Everyone has been so great with calling and checking up on me but I need to find some quiet time too. It's hard for me to balance that sometimes. I feel like I'm letting friends down by saying no sometimes but balance is good and I think that is what I need a little more of right now. This morning I'm going to a camp meeting but I'm going to limit my outings to only 2 more this week. I'll report next post.
Thought for the day......
The happiest, sweetest, tenderest homes are not those where there has been no sorrow,
but those which have been overshadowed with grief, and where Christ's comfort was accepted.
The very memory of the sorrow is a gentle benediction that broods over the household,
like the silence that comes after prayer.
There is a blessing sent from God in every burden of sorrow.
J.R. Miller
1 comment:
Blaze is such a cute pup! Our dog loves to dig too! We have holes all in the backyard. I had to put chicken wire around my little garden because she kept digging up my plants. She is a great escape artist too. She digs right under the fence.
Sounds like you have stayed really busy this week. Hope you can find time to relax next week.
Post a Comment