Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sick Again!



Blaze loves to run up the stairs and have me put her on the bed and lick Noah awake. (Sounds gross to me but he loves it too.)

Poor Noah! That kid just can't get well. Last Friday he woke up with his eye swollen shut from an insect bite. It was red and itchy for a couple of days and he said his vision was blurry. Emil took him into the doctor on Friday and they gave him some amoxicillin. I told him if it wasn't better by Sunday I'd make him  a patch to wear to church but it was pretty much better and I skated out of that. He still wanted the patch but it really wasn't necessary. 
This week the kids had their big End of Grade test from Monday to Wednesday. He went to school fine on Monday but I had to pick him up from school on Tuesday because he wasn't feeling well and after being home for about an hour he threw up and was running a fever. I gave him some motrin and let him sleep in bed with me that night. He was still sick on Wednesday so I took him in and he had a ear infection. He saw the same doctor as on Friday and she said he didn't have one then. How do you get a ear infection while on amoxicillin? So he got a stronger antibiotic and hopefully it'll clear him up for good. I sent him in to school today to make up the test he missed yesterday so hopefully he will do well on it. He seemed to be feeling better when he woke up this morning. I think he's body is just so run down that he can't get better before he catches something again. Thank heaven school's almost over! 
I've been doing good about scheduling less and feeling much better since I stopped taking the anti-inflammatory medicine that was making me sooooo sleepy. The garden is growing well and I've loved being outside working on keeping the weeds out of it. 

The fence is good for protection from Blaze, the cats and wild bunnies. 

Blaze has been trying to dig where my sidewalk meets the landscaping bricks. Both in the front and back but I've been discouraging this as much as possible. I think I'll put a potted plant over the spot even though it will look really dumb there maybe it'll break her of the habit. 
We decided to do a little planter area around the mailboxes since it was a pain to weed wack.

Happy day! I've kept the Japanese Maple that my family gave to me alive so far. This is a real accomplishment for me. It has helped that we've had a good deal of rain too. 

Over all we are doing well. We are getting on with life which is something you just have to do. Sometime next week Kai's school is going to plant a tree in his honor with money the kids donated and they asked that Emil and I come. They also wanted to have a place in the library called Kai's Corner. I have mixed feelings. It's a very sweet sediment but it's a hard thing for me to do. I know I can do it and maintain my emotions but it will be difficult. Hopefully this will be the last thing that we have to do so publicly. 
I think I understand more fully what they mean when they say "time heals all wounds". 
Most of all I think I just need time and there is no speeding it up or slowing it down. You have to wait on time. You have to take it as it comes. I'm trying to learn the patience I need to wait on it. I'm trying to enjoy each moment. Sometimes I master it better than others but I'm trying and as long as I keep trying and laughing I think I'll be fine.


3 comments:

Cori White said...

poor Noah.. hopefully he will be feeling better soon. It's probably that dog slobber in his eye infecting it.. Just kidding. i hate dogs licking my face, but hey if he likes it more power to him..
your garden is looking great. weve had a few days of beautiful weather and love it. Glad you all are doing well. Thats sweet they want to plant a tree in Kai's honor. I love the picture of him sticking his tounge out.. must of been at some event where he was supposed to be behaving :)

Kim said...

What a silly boy! How sweet that the school wants to do something in memory. Praying that everything goes well that day.

I hope Noah gets to feeling better soon. Nothing like a little doggy slobber to do the trick!

Your yard looks great. Do you give lessons because mine needs some work!

Xenos Family said...

Your yard looks awesome. When can you come over to do mine?? LoL. Poor Noah I hope he gets to feeling better soon.