Last Wednesday was the last pack meeting before the summer. (During the summer we just have cub scout meetings once a month (Whew!) Noah got his Faith in God Religious Square Knot but I couldn't get him to turn around for a decent picture so you'll just have to be content with the walk by picture I managed to snag.
You can actually see his patch in his left hand.
Yet another responsibility I can check off my list until school starts up again. That's a good feeling!
We had the Tree Dedication last Thursday and it went well. It wasn't the entire school just Noah and Kai's classes and it was over relatively fast. The tree is nice and it's a Rose of Sharon Tree.
I looked it up on Google and got this info.
"Sharon is a plain located in Palestine. It is the largest valley-plain found there. At the time of Solomon, this plain was considered a wild, fertile plain that had lots of beautiful flowers growing there. The rose of sharon was known for it's beauty and majesty back in the Bible days."
Here's what one of the flowers "roses" will look like.
I don't recall if I mentioned that they were doing a place in the library called Kai's Corner. It's cute and I was impressed that they have done all that they did. It's so very thoughtful.
Well this week is the last week of school for our kids. Today was Field Day, tomorrow is Class Party and Awards Ceremony for Noah. He is over his ear infection. At least I think so. I need to take him back in for a recheck just to be sure but when???? It was so stinking hot today! 90+ and not an inch of shade. I was working the bean bag toss station and I think I'm good on doing squats for the rest of the summer.
Kirstin is pretty much coasting this week, having already taken her end of grade exams and done very well on them and Emil M. exams and 1/2 days after Monday. He's exempt from some of his exams but may take them anyway to boost his grade. Don't ask me how this works because I can't make heads or tales of the entire grading system.
Blaze is growing! Next week the invisible fence guy is suppose to come out and put that in. I am looking forward to that so she doesn't wander into the neighbors yards when we're outside and she's with us. Kirstin and I took her for a ride in the canoe on Saturday and had her swim around in the sound a couple of times. She didn't like that too much but she loved playing on the dock where the boats load down at the club house. She would splash in the water and then try to catch the water droplets. It was very entertaining! She is getting bigger. Friday morning I have her next set of shots (hopefully her last) so I'll get to see just how much bigger she's gotten. I think she was 14 lbs last time we took her in a month ago.
I'm not sure if you can tell she's grown but she does love to charge us then smother us with licky kisses. Have a great week!
3 comments:
I must say that I'm not too envious that you had to say out in the heat. Matt is going to Caroline's outdoor picnic next week so he can deal with the heat. How did you guys get out before us? I can't take it anymore!
They did a beautiful job on Kia's tree and reading corner.
btw....you had me cracking up about Caroline's teacher. I think you're right!
I love Kai's little memorials by his classmates! That is so touching! I hope you all have a great, relaxing summer. We miss you!
Glad the countdown is about over, but sounds like the summer will be just as busy..
I had to change my background.. and ya I figured it would make someone laugh :) Pink is on its way.
The tree and reading corner are very sweet in Kai's honor. Glad others are thinking of him too ..
Have a great summer.
Blaze is getting big!
Post a Comment