December 12, 2008
Yesterday was Kai's Birthday. It was a beautiful day.
We met Emil's immediate family along with our good friends, the Cahills, at Kai's grave at about 1:45 in the afternoon. The sky was cloudy but not raining. The wind was calm and the temps were comfortable in the 50's. We said a prayer, read a scripture and had balloons. As we each shared our favorite memory we had of Kai we released a balloons into the sky.
There were tears and laughter as we remembered our sweet, tender, and mischievous, son, brother, grandson, nephew and friend.
I feel such a profound joy that we held him and loved him in this life and equal peace and comfort knowing that he has begun an eternal journey with our Heavenly Father. How grateful I am to have this knowledge! It has made all the difference in the world.
I know many of you have prayed and fasted and worried on behalf of our family over the past almost 8 months since Kai's passing. Thank you. Your prayers have lifted us up, strengthened our resolve, spoken peace to our souls and love to our hearts.
I feel as the Apostle Paul who declared "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13 and I know the reason I feel this strength is in large part because of your many prayers on our behalf.
I just wanted to share with you the feelings and events of our beautiful day. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. Yesterday and always.
5 comments:
Kai's birthday is the same day as my dad. We love you and miss you Kai.
What a blessing to know that Kia is with his Father in Heaven. What a special way to honor Kia on his special day.
I was thinking about you yesterday--glad you got to spend time with family and remember your sweet little boy. :)
Im sure it was a hard day, but filled with joy too as you remembered him. The prayers are what have strengthened us too.. and a loving Heavenly Father who knows us and watches over us!
I have never felt so loved in my life.. friends, neighbors, family, strangers.. all concerned.
Happy Birthday Kai.. maybe Kyndal and Kai caught the balloons:)
I'm sure this is a hard time for you (with his birthday and the holidays all in one month). He is being taken care of! Your family is so strong!
Post a Comment