Monday, May 3, 2010

The Promise of Spring


Spring has definitely arrived in NC. Everything is blooming and every yard is ablaze in color. I love this time of year!

The azaleas are in bloom and I've enjoyed bringing in the beauty of the outdoors inside.

One of my good friends gave us a planter last week. It looks amazing! Wish I could plan so well. Oh well, I'm learning.

This is one of my favorite plants. It's called Lantana. I think that's how it's spelled. It's a ground cover and it looks like it has tiny bouquets of flowers. I like the yellow but there is also one with different shades of pinks that is just beautiful.

Our garden is growing slowly but surely. Here are some cucumbers I think. (At this stage the beans, cucumbers and squash all look alike.)

Note to self: Do not allow Kirstin to plant radishes next year. They need a little more room than one square inch per 30 seeds.

I cut Noah and Emil M.'s hair a little while back. Now if I could only get them to style it.....

The sports seasons are at an end and I am getting my nights back. Yeah!!! We had this amazing salad last week. It was so simple. Doesn't it look tasty???

Mixed greens, blackberries, strawberries, red grapes and walnuts. I used that Orange Poppy Seed dressing I had put in a blog about a month ago. It was soooo good. I did put some chicken strips on top for my meat eaters. I love salads in the summer. They're so easy and you feel good about eating healthy. Enjoy!

No comments: