Last Tuesday we got to go to the High School's Underclassmen Academic Awards Ceremony. Emil Michael received certificates for Outstanding Achievement in Art, Creative Writting and Chemistry of all things. (Who knew?) It was nice to celebrate these achievements with him.
Wednesday night we had a farewell party for my niece, Amber at Maple Park. It was nice. I think she is definitely ready to move to Utah and start that new chapter of her life with college. She's a good girl and will do great at BYU I'm sure. I'm glad she has this opportunity. She'll be staying with my other sister Sheila and so she'll be well looked out for.
Saturday Emil and the scouts went on a 10 mile hike down at a park in Virginia Beach. It actually ended up being a 13 mile hike since they got a bit turned around but they had a good time. Emil M. skipped out on it since he had already qualified for this part of the hiking merit badge. It was a toasty day and they were all worn out by the time they got home Saturday night at 5. It actually took Emil a day to recover. After church on Sunday he slept most of the day waking for dinner then sacking back out for the rest of the night. Poor guy doesn't even know I took this picture! Hee Hee Hee
Monday we had a day of projects. Emil constructed my rain barrel and composer for me! Now I can use the rain water to water my plants. With as much rain as we get here it should work very well. I'm excited to use it.
The compost is something we've done for a long time but never in a barrel so I'm hoping that it works even better than just throwing it in a pile in the garden. At least now we don't have to worry about Blaze trying to dig holes around the fence to eat it. What a nutty dog!
As Emil was working on those things the kids and I were digging a trench in our back yard to drop a line for electricity out to our shed. It was about 30 feet long and 18 inches deep. We were all so exhausted by the end!
I am so proud of my kids. They worked HARD! We finished it in about 3-4 hours. We were all just done in for and I told Emil that the plans he had for us digging more trenches further out was just not going to happen. Kirstin was raring to go!
We went to play in the pool at our neighbors the Corbos and the Crosses. Our neighbors are so good to always invite us to swim. We are lucky to have them right next door. Then Emil took us out to eat Mexican for dinner! Yeah, because I wasn't cooking!
Yesterday I went out with 2 of my HSA officers to plant Knockout roses at Noah's school. That was what we decided to use some of our money earned for. It looks so nice. I just hope the heat doesn't kill them. After the work on Monday I really didn't want to do it but I'm glad we did and I'm done now.
The hydrangea bushes are in bloom and while I'm not a fan of the bush I do love the flowers cut. My neighbor Rick has a bush he lets me cut from and I have one I planted last year that is blooming but so far all I have is one flower! This picture is one of his flowers, mine are bright pink. They say the color of the flower depends on your soil and the mineral content. I just remember the blue ones I would see all over as a kid. They always remind me of little old ladies. I'm not sure why.
Next week we leave for our Utah Trip! I'm so excited. This week, we pack....
2 comments:
Dang you guys have been working like CRAZY! We're so excited to see you next weekend. It's always great to catch up and get to know eachother better at the reunions.
PS. They do have crocheting and knitting classes in the Prison in Salt Lake. A little old lady spoke in our ward about how she headed the classes up. I don't know if they let them have access to the needles and hooks outside of class though... they could be considered a weapon.
Love the blanket!
Hey, could you bring the beach along with you when you come next week? I think it'd be a great addition to the reunion. :)
Post a Comment