This week has been way too busy especially after all the down time of Christmas vacation so today I decided I would absolutely not go anywhere. Then Kai and Noah missed the bus and I had to take them to school and since I was out I needed a few things from the store and since I was at the store I might as well go ahead and do the shopping for the next couple of weeks... You can see where this is going. Actually it wasn't that bad and after the shopping I did come home for good and did some essential sewing and cleaning and then I got to try a recipe for Garlic Knots. I found it on the King Arthur Flour web site which has some great recipes. Thought you might like to see how they turned out. I altered the recipe just a smidge.
Garlic Rolls
Blend 3 c. flour, 1/4 c. dry milk, 3 T. potato flour (I used potato flakes), 1 t. instant yeast, 3 T. dough enhancer (optional), 1 1/4 t. salt, 4 t. pizza flavor (I used italian seasoning).
After blended add 2 T. olive oil and 1 c. lukewarm water. (Add an additional 2 T. water in the winter, or if you live in a very dry climate.)
Mix or knead dough to form a smooth, elastic dough, adding additional water or flour as needed. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it and allow to rise for about 1 hour or until it's doubled.
Then place on a lightly floured surface and roll out into a rectangle. Cut 16 slices with pizza cutter.
Roll out each rope and form into a knot.
After forming into a knot. Pull the right end back through and tuck into the middle.
Tuck the left side under. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.
While they are baking. Melt 4 T. of butter. Add to 2-6 cloves of crushed garlic. (if you plan on not offending that night you might try roasting the garlic.) You can add another 1/2 t. of italian seasoning. They go great with any italian dish. I'm taking them over to some friends house and we're having them with baked spaghetti.
Enjoy!
3 comments:
My mouth is seriously watering. I might just have to try that recipe out!
Those look so yummy!
This looks Yummy! I am Kim's friend. I have heard lots from Kim about your family and the good times you and Kim had growing up. Your kids are beautiful. It is nice to "meet" you! I will be back to visit soon!
Post a Comment