This past week while Emil and Emil M. were at scout camp we went to the beach and stayed with my good friend Tina Pennington and 2 of her children, Solomon and Gabby, at their beach cottage. Tina and I have been friends since we did PTA together about 8 years ago. I love her to death and it was so nice to just relax and talk. It did me a lot of good.
Tina and Gabby.
Gabby was so excited to have Kirstin to play with on Tuesday. Gabby will be turning 7 soon and is such a cutie.
The great thing about going to the beach is that there are always tons of kids to play with. This is Noah another boy and Solomon. They played all day with this boy. Solomon is in constant motion and was very hard to get a picture of. Solomon has a heart condition and is a modern miracle. He is one of the reasons we decided to donate some of Kai's organs including his heart valves.
Solomon's back and Noah
Solomon in the middle directing sand hole construction. We went to Busch Gardens on Thursday again and Kirstin brought a friend but we couldn't find anyone that could come for Noah so he and I hung out all day and rode the train, saw a pet show and got soaked on the log flume ride.
Our good friends, the Cahill's, are back home again after a 1 year hiatus in Maryland. We are excited about having them back in the neighborhood. Kari and I had fun picking out paint for their home office.
The next two weeks are without events and that is really exciting to me. I miss the down time.
3 comments:
What a FUN vacation!! I really do wish we lived closer to the beach. Hope it wasn't too muggy for you.
ah the pictures make me jealous. glad you had a great time on the beach. the kids look like they are loving it.
Glad you got some beach time and some down time - some day we will come to the beach with you. Love ya guys!
Post a Comment