Emil and I leave on our trip to Belize tomorrow!!!
This last week seems like such a blur getting everything buttoned down before we go.
I've been faithfully running and training for my 5K. This week was my toughest yet and I had to repeat a day. I'm on week 5 out of 8 weeks. My longest time running straight is 8 minutes. I don't have any trouble with breathing but my calves are still sore. After week two I decided that I needed to give barefoot running a try.
Don't worry I'm not actually running barefoot but rather it's a style of running where instead of having a heel strike you land on your forefoot and your heel never touches the ground. It's better for your knees and kind of uses your calves as shocks. I've enjoyed it quite a bit and it's been wonderful on my knees however it really works your calves! It's taken a bit of getting use to but I think I'm converted. I did have to get some new shoes though. They're rather green!
So with our days of having Emil M. home being short I asked him if there was anything he'd like to do before he went back to college. He's always been quite easy and he suggested it would be nice to have a berry dish every night until he returned to college. We didn't quite manage it every night but I didn't do too shabby on the berry challenge.
We had Strawberry Bars. Not crazy about them.
Blueberry Hand Pies. A-Mazing! I used this recipe from The King Arthur Flour website. I will definitely be making these again. First, how cute are they? and second, they tasted sooooo good. A little time consuming but worth it.
Then Strawberry Ice Cream. Probably his favorite.
Also a cheesecake tart with berries on top, Strawberry Pie and a Mixed Berry pie.
Well that's about it for what we've been up to. Hopefully I'll have some great photos from our trip soon!





3 comments:
Have a great time in Belize! Can't wait to see pics when you come back....
Have fun on your trip! And your son is super spoiled. You're a great mom!
Those food pictures are making me drool.
In ballet, you have to run (and do everything) toe, ball, heel. It is really jarring to do it the other way!
Hope you had fun in Belize. Can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment