Friday, August 17, 2012

Youth Conference and Band Camp


The first week of August was kinda crazy. Kirstin joined Marching Band this year and she had Band Camp. I was volunteered  offered to help. Since they all had to be refit for uniforms I did that with a couple of the other Mom's helping. Sadly I was the only one with sewing skills so I got to do the alterations. It wasn't too much but kept me busy every night. 


 
They practiced every day there wasn't rain. It was hot! Poor kids.
(Have I mentioned how much I despise the new Blogger setup? I can't get any of my pics to go where I want them!!!! Ugh!)


This is Olivia. One of Kirstin's best friends. She's a funny one!









On Thursday we went to Southern Virginia University for Youth Conference. It's a small but beautiful campus. I'm in love with their main building.
Kirstin was on the planning committee. To the left. She did a great job and it helped her come out of her shell in public speaking. I know it's hard to imagine but it's actually something she sometimes struggles with but she's getting better!

Here she is dancing with her cousin, Michael. They had a great time together and both throughly enjoyed the conference. I even ran while I was up there! More to follow on that in the next post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing Kirsin last night performing at the football game. She is so talented!